Your cart is currently empty!
All in One SEO Pro lets you add Schema markup for recipes. This means that search engines can display rich snippets for your recipes like the example below.
You can set the default Schema Type for your recipe content by going to All in One SEO » Search Appearance » Content Types and clicking on the Schema Markup tab in the content section for your recipes.
For more detail on this, please see our article on Configuring Schema Settings here.
You can’t force Google to display search results like this. It happens on a per search basis depending on whether they feel it’s the best way to display the results.
Adding Your Recipe Information
When you select Recipe as the Schema Type for your content, you’ll see additional fields when editing your recipe content where you can enter your recipe information.
To get started, edit one of your recipes, scroll down to the AIOSEO Settings section and click on the Schema tab.
Complete the fields with your recipe information as described below:
- Name – enter the name of the dish
- Description – enter a short description of the dish
- Author – enter the name of the person or organization that wrote the recipe
- Image – upload an image of the dish
- Dish Type – enter the type of dish
- Cuisine Type – enter the type of cuisine
- Time Required – enter the preparation time and cooking time in minutes
- Amount of Servings – enter the amount of servings the recipe makes
- Calories – enter the number of calories for the dish
- Ingredients – enter the name of each ingredient including measurement, i.e. 1 tablespoon of flour
- Instructions – use the Instructions form to add the steps for making the recipe
- Rating – enter the average star rating and number of ratings your recipe has received
- Keywords – enter any other terms such as season, holiday, or other descriptors
Please note that this information only appears in the Schema markup in the source code of your content, it does not appear as content visible to visitors on your site.
Here’s a video on how to add Recipe Schema markup: